The right diet can be a big help to people with diabetes. A lot can be done to correct the problem by eating correctly. And there are recipes that help improve the diabetic condition.
These diabetic recipes were developed from long trials and retests and prescribed due to their effectiveness. Final data shows improvement in 90 minutes. In extreme chronic conditions, allow for 1-3 weeks to demonstrate relief. Diabetic herbs and foods are containedin these recipes. The recipes have been examined and utilized in traditional Chinese medicine for more than a thousand years.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS
TOFU, CHICKEN and SEAWEED SOUP
This soup strengthens the physical body with improved vigor while stimulating weight loss. The recipe
Enhances physical energy or potency, recovers lightheadedness at the same time eliminate systemic mucous.
1 pound (500 grams) tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 ounces (60 grams) chicken breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
Pinch of salt and 1-2 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) cooking wine
5 cups (1.25 liters) water
2 tablespoons (30 grams) seaweed
2 scallions, chopped
1. Place chicken in a medium bowl. Add a pinch of salt and cooking wine.
2. Put the tofu in a saucepan (medium) including the water.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4. When the water boils, add the chicken then allow to boil.
5. Reduce heat over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Mix in the remaining salt (1-2 teaspoon), chopped scallions and seaweed.
7. Turn down the high temperature and serve up warm, neutral or chilled.
FOR COOLING, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE & WEIGHT LOSS:
This plate includes celery, which reduces body heat and eliminates dampness. The recipe is a cooling composition which nourishes the liver, anchors balanced blood pressure while assisting weight loss.
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) oil, water
5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 cups (400 grams) celery, stalk only, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) soy sauce or substitute
Salt and pepper to your liking
1. In a frying pan or wok heat the water or oil.
2. Add the crushed garlic then stir in the celery.
3. Combine the soy sauce and a little salt and pepper. Stir 1-2 minutes and cover.
4. Cook for 20 to 25 seconds over medium heat.
5. Remove from heat and serve.
FOR DIABETES & DEFICIENCY:
TOFU & SHITAKE MUSHROOM
This dish is beneficial for diabetics, stomach and lung heat and builds the essence or yin side of one’s constitution.
5 shitake mushrooms
Water for soaking
2 tablespoons (30 grams) wood-ear mushrooms
2 tablespoons (30 grams) dry lily flowers
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) oil, or water
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
8 ounces (250 grams) tofu, cut into 1½ inch cubes
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) soy sauce
salt and pepper to liking
1. Soak the shitake mushrooms, wood-ear mushrooms, and dry lily flowers in separate bowls for 1 hour in a bowl of hot water. (24 hour soaking preferred)
2. Strain the soft shitake mushrooms saving the water.
3. Get hold of the Wood-ear mushrooms and lily flowers and draw off. Throw away their water
4. Slice all the mushrooms.
5. Heat the oil or water in a frying pan or wok.
6. When hot add the tofu and crushed garlic.
7. If you chose water, stir-fry for 1 minute. If you are using water, stir-fry for 4 minutes.
8. Add the mushrooms and lily flowers.
9. Mix in the soy sauce, add ¼ cup (60 milliliters) of shitake mushroom juice.
10. Cover the pan or wok, over low flame, reduce the heat (simmer) for 10 minutes,
11. Season with salt and pepper to liking. Take off and serve up.
These food medicine formulas work with high confidence when combined with diabetic Chinese herbs. Add exercize (TaiChi, Qigong and Yoga) that builds energy, not excessive, and nourishes the essence.
Sources: “Longevity Mountain” and “Diabetic Chinese Herbs“